Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Repurposed Cabinet Door - Chalk Board

What is it about the New Year that makes everyone want to be organized? The organization bug has hit me too. I want to go through my whole house and organize everything. I started out my organization with this cabinet door that I turned into a chalk board. I have absolutely loved my menu board and makes it so easy for dinner time.

I wanted something to help me with after school snacking. I try really hard to have this part in our house organized, but just hasn't happened or lasted very long. So I made this chalk board that I can write our daily snack and it's big enough I could even do the whole week.
I can look at this daily and know what the kids have chosen for their daily snack and have it ready when they come through the door.
I painted the outside of the cabinet door white and then used chalk board paint in the center of the door. After everything dried completely I sanded the edges.
I make my weekly menu on Sunday's and now I will add the snack to our new chalk board.
Have you caught the organizing bug? What are you organizing?

No comments:

Post a Comment