Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Blocks

I want to show you the gift I made my mom last year for Mother's Day. I have a lot more followers and wanted those that missed it a chance to see it. It holds pictures of the grandchildren. Each block represents us kids and there is a wire for each one of our kids.
I started with a 4x4 and cut it square. I sanded each block.
Painted each block and then sanded the edges.
I bought this paper packet awhile ago and have loved it, each page has a letter of the alphabet. I bought a small packet and a 12x12 packet. This is what I used for my blocks.
This is a sample of what the paper looks like.
I cut my paper 3 x 3 and mod podged it to the block.
I then added upholstery nails to the corners of the blocks. I didn't do it in all four corners of all of the blocks, I didn't want it to look boxy. (Is that a word?) So on this one I only did two on the top corners.
This one I did all four corners.
And this one I did opposite corners.
This is what they all look like at this point.
Next I drilled a hole in the top of the block.
I then cut heavy duty wire different lengths and then curled the tops.
Using my glue gun I put glue in the hole to hold the wires.
I placed the wires in the hole and then tied a black ribbon around all of the wires.
And there it is all ready for 21 pictures of the grandchildren.



Linking to:


lil luna link party button

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea, now you have me wondering if there is time for me to make one before mothers day!!


    Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete