Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cabinet Door Easter Wreath

I needed an Easter wreath for my front door. I decided to make my wreath with fabric and I added it to an old cabinet door. Seeing this on my front door makes me smile. It's a happy welcoming sight.
I will now show you how I made my wreath. You will need to start with a Styrofoam wreath form. I decided to make my form since I had some Styrofoam on hand. I created my wreath by tracing bowls to get the size I wanted. I cut it out with an exacto knife and then wrapped the form with ribbon.
I then gathered some fabric scraps and ripped into strips. I then took the strips and glued them to plastic eggs. I started at one end of the egg, glued the fabric to the egg and then wrapped the fabric around the egg and glue it. I continued this process until the egg was completely covered. I used regular sized eggs and small eggs to create my wreath.

Once I had all of my eggs covered I glued the eggs to my wreath form.
I even added ribbon for a fun variation.

I then took an old cabinet door painted it blue and then added my wreath to it by drilling a small hole in the cabinet door and strung ribbon through the hole to hang from my door. I then added a bow to complete the wreath.


I love how springy and bright it looks. And I love it on the cabinet door.

Pin It
Linking to: skip to my lou, uncommon, oopsey daisy
lil luna, sweet little gals, someday crafts, the 36th avenue, cheap crafty mama,

5 comments:

  1. This is beyond darling!! I love the cabinet door idea! So sweet! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! SO cute!! Hope you can link this up at my turquoise lovin' party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this wreath!! And I never would have thought to give a wreath a background! Very clever idea and it adds so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! I love fabric more than anything in the world, so this is my kind of wreath! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love it. I'm a sucker for a fun wreath. I hope you'll link this post up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete