Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What a quilt!!!

When Braxton went through his treatments my mom would come from Idaho to stay and help with Kelsey. During radiation, we had to be to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning, five days a week for six weeks. We would be done around 11:00 a.m. So my mom and I had alot of time together, we couldn't go to alot of places because of Braxton not being able to be in public. During this time we worked on alot of projects, So when Jaden was diagnosed, my mom and I got this quilt pattern to work on while she was here helping with the kids. Well needless to say I was never home while she was staying at my house. So the quilt pattern just sat. After the whole cancer things was over, my mom and I pulled it out and have been working on it when she comes to our house. This last weekend she was here having her last eye surgery done and we decided to pull the quilt out and get the top completely sewn before she goes back home. We have had fun doing it together and we both love the pattern that we are going to make another one so that both of us can have a quilt. I think it will be an awesome keepsake for my kids when they have children, to know that their grandma and great grandma made this quilt together and the story behind it. (o.k calling myself a grandma just totally freaked me out, yikes!) So now that I got through this long post; here is the finished quilt top. Close-up of one of the squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment