Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude Countdown

I can't believe it's already November. Time to be getting ready for the Holidays. Such a crazy thought. I wanted to share my Gratitude Countdown that I made last year, for those that haven't seen it. If you have been following this little blog of ours for awhile, then you will know that I LOVE advent calendars, so I made this for the month of November to instill gratitude in my children.


Here is a closer look at the tags that hang on the board.

I made everything out of scrapbook paper, including the match boxes, embellished each tag and added ribbon. A little time consuming, but really easy.




The match box opens and I have little notes typed of things to be thankful for and then an activity to go along with it.


I love this and it helps teach my children about the little things to be thankful for along with the big things, we love doing the activities. We are blessed and have a ton to be thankful for.

Here are some more sayings I have inside my match boxes:


I am thankful for books - go to the library

I am thankful for my neighbors - make something and take to a neighbor.

I am thankful for my grandparents - write a letter to to them.

I am thankful for my brother/sister - do something kind for them today.

I am thankful for my mom/dad - do something kind for them today. (I have this on two different days, one for mom and one for dad).

I am thankful for my teachers - make a gift or write a note to your teacher.

We are thankful for each other - play a game together.

I am thankful for my toys - pick a toy to give to good will.

I am thankful for food - try a different food today or help cook dinner.

I am thankful for my body - exercise together.

ENJOY!


Linking to:
lil luna link party button

Visit thecsiproject.com

5 comments:

  1. This is like an advent calendar for Thanksgiving, what a great idea!

    Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I think it would be great to rotate the calendar every month with a theme in mind ie, respect, communication, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling idea! I love the little matchboxes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this today on my blog! Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button if you would like! Thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas!

    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I found you through Someday Crafts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete