Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ric Rac Valentine

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

I love Valentines day and am glad I was able to sneak in one more Valentine project. The flowers in this frame are made from ric rac and are super easy to make and I am going to show you how I made them.

I took my ric rac, cut it in half and then weaved it. I used medium sized ric rac.
I then cut it in half again. At the end I started rolling the ric rac.
Once I finished rolling I used hot glue to secure the other end to the bottom of the rose.
The front of the rose will look like this. Take your fingers and push the ric rac to the outside of the rose, opening the petals.
This is what your rose will look like once it has been pushed open.
I then took a frame I had on hand and put white card stock in it and then drew a heart to follow when gluing on my roses.
I have made rings, hair clips, and bobby pins using this technique. It was fun to make something for my home for Valentines day.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment