Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday's Paper Craft Class - Card Folio

We didn't have class today, but I did get this idea from Nicole awhile ago. I made twelve of these for some Mom's for Mother's day. Supplies: 1 sheet 12 x 12 card stock, 1 sheet pattern paper, 18" of ribbon, strong adhesive and other embellishments you would like to use.

Cut card stock into three different pieces. The first piece is 11 1/2 x 5 3/4. The other two pieces will be 3 x 5. Score your card stock. Take the larger piece of card stock and with the 11 1/2 edge at the top, score at 3", 3 1/2", 8" and 8 1/2". Fold on the score lines. This will make the folio. Next take the smaller pieces of card stock and with the 5" edge at the top, score at every 1/2" increment. Accordion fold on score lines. This will give you the sides of the container. Attach the accordion pieces to both sides of the 11 1/2 x 5 3/4 piece of card stock, see below:

I attached a piece of ribbon on top of my folio, by punching a hole on the bottom of the flap and then put my ribbon through, brought it around the front and tied it. Now decorate and fill with cards.

These are some of the cards I made. (Actually Jr. Critter, made most of them, while I made the folio.

Each card individually.







I made a few other Mother's Day gifts that I will be showing you in the next couple of days. (Now that I have given the gifts, I can actually show them - well, with the exception of my mom, I will be seeing her this weekend, so mom if you get on here before this weekend don't look).

No comments:

Post a Comment