Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family Blocks

I do a creativity class twice a month for my church and this is what we did this week.

Supplies:
I used a 1x5 and cut into:
2 - 5 x 51/2 - for the letter F & Y
1 - 3 3/8 x 3 3/4 - for the letter A
2 - 5 x 5 - for the letter L & M
1 - 2 1/2 x 6 - for the letter I
scrapbook paper, cut the same size as the wood.
Letters - I cut mine from my cricuit.
accessories for the letters. Ribbon, brads, ribbon, flower, brad, gems or buttons, etc.
black paint
mod podge
Ink pad for distressing paper.


Paint the sides and back of blocks.

Ink sides of cut paper.
Mod podge the paper to the block.

Add accessories to the letter. Mod podge the letter to the paper and block.

And then you are finished and here is the finished product.
Pretty easy, and I think they turned out great. I Had 18 ladies sign up and 43 kits that I put together. It was a big hit.

This is one I put together awhile ago.

Inspired by heartland paper.
Happy Creating!
Caleen

No comments:

Post a Comment