Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter Creations

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. During Christmas and New Years we went to my mom and dad's house, so I took a little break from blogging, but I'm back and excited for a new year of blogging. I'm excited for new things to create and finish for the coming year. Some things I created while I was gone were Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, (with some help from the kids of course). I was pretty excited how they turned out. We used stuff around my parents house to decorate the snowman's face and buttons. The smile and buttons are old huge round bolts, the eyes are square bolts and the hat for Mr. Snowman is a lid to an old metal milk can. Mrs. Snowman is sporting a purple bucket for her hat. You really can't tell in the picture, but we used food coloring to make rosy cheeks for both Mr. and Mrs. snowman. The wind started blowing pretty hard and got really cold, so we quit and went inside before we were able to give Mrs. Snowman a scarf. I also learned how to crochet and made my daughter the cute pink hat that she is wearing in the picture. I will post about the three hats I made and where I found the free pattern and close ups of all three hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment