Tuesday, March 27, 2012

General Conference Activities for Activity Bags

I made General Conference bags and put together activities to go inside each bag. If you missed the post on how I made the bags, you can go here to catch that tutorial.
I made puff paint by using 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, and 1/2 water mixed it, added food coloring and then poured into these Wilton plastic bottles. I bought the bottles at Wal-Mart for $2.00 for a 2/pk. Each batch fit in the bottles perfectly.
I made these felt fish a few years ago for my little guy and he still loves them. I have a mini blow up pool we will have ready for the fish to go in the "pond".
Mr. and Mrs. Potato head. I am pretty sure these will be a big hit.
Book of Mormon paper dolls. When I saw the printable here, I knew it would be perfect for one of our activities.
Temple lacing card. Printable found here.
Color by number printables found here. I was going to make homemade watercolor paints, but I have quite a few already, so once those are used I will make some. If you are interested in making watercolor paints of your own you can find the how to here.
Just like "Don't Eat Pete" - Printable found here.
Temple matching game.
For this one I just grabbed some of our dot markers and some art paper.
I made homemade play dough and then found these play dough mats and made them smaller so they would fit into the bag.
Apostle match game found here. I made two sets, the first set I made the two-sided cards which I used for the tic-tac-toe game and the second set for this matching game, but left the backs blank. Tic-Tac-Toe Apostle style. When I was at Hobby Lobby buying felt to make the bags, Jaden wanted me to buy the dinosaur felt and asked me to make him something with it. So I came up with this tic-tac-toe. It's played just like tic-tac-toe, we will throw the bean bag on an Apostle card taking turns until someone gets three in a row. There is information on the back of each card that we can learn more about the Apostle while playing if Jaden chooses to do so. This foam kit I had on hand. It is a jungle picture frame. Anything foam would work.
I gathered some Popsicle sticks and glue and I will let creativity begin.
President Monson puzzle found here.
All of the activities in each bag ready for General Conference to begin. If you don't have the same things on hand that I did, search around your house, you may be surprised with what you have and what you can come up with to put inside the bag.

Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the ideas. I always am looking for fun games to do around this time. Better for my 8 year old so she can see that conference can be fun. haha
    have a great conference weekend!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just copied off a few of the things and can't wait to do them for my grandbabies!! Toddlers are so much fun! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ideas!!! And the bags you put them in are so cute! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm this is pretty much amazing! Love all these fun ideas and I don't even have kids yet! Lol keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone else suggested I check out this page and I have to admit that your creativity is very impressive. You have some really cute ideas that are fun to see. But, I don't plan to go to this much work for Conference, as I lean more towards the opinion that it's more important to help my children learn to listen than it is to entertain them to the hilt. But, kudos on the creativity. I may use one or two of these ideas for my Primary class down the road, so I appreciate your willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again
    Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm a little late on this, but thanks for the shout out for my sewing cards! Lots of fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, excellent information. Thanks for sharing.

      Conference Bags

      Delete
  8. Thank you for all of the ideas. I always am looking for fun games to do around this time. Really i like it this blog. General Conference bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a really nice conference bags and put together activities to go inside each bag. Nowadays conference bags are use for promotion. Conference bag is really best promotional product to promote our brand.


    conference bags pmapm.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

    Amela
    promotional products liverpool

    ReplyDelete