Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Creativity Class - Christmas Countdown Blocks

We made Christmas Countdown blocks for our creativity class in November. I made some to give as gifts and wanted to wait until I gave them away before posting so it would be a surprise for the recipients.

I used a 4x4 and cut 2 square blocks. I then used a 2x4 and cut it 7" long
I painted the edges of the 4x4's since I will be covering the rest of the block with paper. I painted all of the 2x4.

I cut the numbers with my cricuit machine, and cut my paper 3x3" - these are the numbers for the first block

These are the numbers for the second block.

I then mod podged the paper on the blocks and then mod podged the numbers on top of the paper. They turned out great and was a HUGE HIT! I made over 80 kits for the class.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet and Simple!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured this today on my blog's Christmas in July Celebration.

    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-17-christmas-in-july.html

    I have a featured grab button!!

    ReplyDelete