Thursday, October 7, 2010

Paper Banner Halloween Countdown

I got my inspiration from Heartland Paper. I did mine differently and made it my own. I made my pockets by cutting my scrapbook paper 6" long and then did them all different widths, some are 2" , 2 1/2", 3" 3 1/2" and 4".

I used paper that has a design on both sides. I took my strip of paper and folded it up to make a pocket and then stapled the sides together. I then decorated and added the numbers.
I didn't like how Heartland punched holes in their paper to run ribbon through. I was afraid it would rip and then all my hard work would be lost, so I decided to use clothes pin. I covered them with my matching paper.

I then measured my area that I was going to hang my banner to see how long I wanted my ribbon and then started clipping the pockets to my ribbon.

I then hung it up all in one long banner. Here is a look at some of the pockets.





I loved how it turned out and now each of the kids get to receive something everyday until Halloween.

Pictures with the pockets filled with goodies.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute! I meant to do something like this for Halloween myself, but just haven't had the time.

    ReplyDelete