Thursday, February 10, 2011

Interchangeable Phrase Blocks

I'm not quite sure what to call these blocks, but whatever the name I think they are soooo cool. The blocks can be flipped around and can make over fifty different sayings. You need 15 wood blocks for this project. I sanded and painted all of the blocks. I then stenciled the blocks with black paint. There is a downloadable cheat sheet found here, that tells you what letter to put on each block and the blocks are numbered to make it easy to make the words. The cheat sheet also has all the different phrases the blocks can make. I also found that the blocks can say more than shown on the cheat sheet. BONUS!
I then took my sander and sanded the blocks giving them a more rustic look.
Now the blocks are ready to make fun phrases like this one. My littlest will be having a birthday in a couple of weeks, really excited to be able to display my blocks.
Since Valentines is Monday I thought I would show you how cute this one is, it actually can say "Valentines Day" plus the heart, but I don't have a space long enough for all of the blocks, since this phrase doesn't stack.
So I did this phrase for Valentines, it looks really cute on top of my hutch. I am so excited to be able to change the blocks as the seasons and holidays change.

Caleen
Linking to: Photobucket Skip to My Loulil luna link party button

5 comments:

  1. Those turned out great! I love how versatile they are. Thanks for sharing and linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking back to me! I absolutely Love how you did yours, they turned out GREAT!!! When I finally get around to making my own set, I'll probably do all the blocks the same color as you did. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! :) I made some similar to that but I think I like yours even better. :) I just started a craft blog over at gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com You should check it out sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! How tall did you make each square and what size stencil did you use (if you used one)?

    ReplyDelete